Celebrate Mom and more with our picks for the best kid-friendly things to do in and around Houston from Monday, May 2 to Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 8, 2022.
This week, feel the force on May 4th, find a Cinco de Mayo groove, talk about Bruno (and meet him), shop for Mom, and more.
Do you know an event that could make the list? Drop us a line at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
Top 12 Things To Do for Kids & Families in Houston This Week
- Panto USA: The Little Mermaid at Miller Outdoor Theater | Monday, May 2 & Tuesday, May 3 | FREE – Relive the tale of a young girl who believe there is a better life for her out of the water, when Panto Company USA brings its award-winning adaptation of Hans Christian Anderson’s Little Mermaid to Hermann Park. 11am.
- May The Fourth Be With You at Helen Hall Library | Wednesday, May 4 | FREE – Bring the force you will. Test your Jedi skills with fun crafts and activities for May the Fourth Be With You at Helen Hall Library in League City. 6pm to 7pm.
- Vivaldi Music Academy at Children’s Museum Houston | Thursday, May 5 – Enjoy musical renditions of classic Vivaldi works by Vivaldi Rocks, an all-kids guitar group who will perform for fellow kiddos at Children’s Museum Houston. $15 for ages 1 and up. 6pm.
- Cinco de Mayo Street Dance in Downtown Rosenberg | Thursday, May 5 | FREE – Dance the night away to the sounds of a live Mariachi band, then dig into food truck offerings in historic Downtown Rosenberg. 6pm to 9pm.
- More Mother’s Day Events & Brunches around Houston | Thursday, May 5 to Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 8 – Find more Mother’s Day happenings around town, including concerts, comedy performances, and delectable brunches across the Greater Houston area.
- Cinco de Mayo at Miller: Mexican Jarabe at Miller Outdoor Theater | Friday, May 6 | FREE – Get in the Cinco de Mayo groove when the versatile, multi-genre quintet known as Jarabe Mexicano brings a Mexican Folk journey to the Miller stage. 8pm.
- We Don’t Talk About Bruno at Children’s Museum Houston | Saturday, May 7 – Feel free to talk about Bruno (and snap a pic) when you meet him and Mirabel at Children’s Museum Houston’s Charm-inspired event. $15 for ages 1 and up. 10am to 4pm.
- Mother’s Day Tea at George Ranch Historical Park | Saturday, May 7 – Put your pinkies up at a Victorian afternoon tea session at the 1890s Davis Mansion in Fort Bend. Learn about fashion, etiquette and marriage in Victorian times while enjoying traditional tea and cakes under 200-year-old oak trees. $20 for ages 13 and up; $15 for ages 4 to 12; free for ages 3 and under. Seating at 11am and 3pm.
- Heights Mercantile Mother’s Day Market 2022 | Saturday, May 7 | No Cover – Find one-of-a-kind gifts for the mothers in your life as Heights Mercantile Mother’s Day Market 2022 returns with pop-up shopping on the promenade along E. 7th St. between Heights Blvd and Yale St. 11am to 6pm.
- Festival of Eid at Asia Society Texas Center | Saturday, May 7 | FREE – Mark the end of the holy month of Ramadan at this Asia Society festival that features outdoor food trucks and delicious eats, as well as craft activities, henna designs, musical performances and an indoor bazaar where you can shop local artists and small businesses. Pre-registration is required. 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Mother’s Day Weekend at Bayou Bend | Saturday, May 7 and Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 8 – Bayou Bend Collection and Gardens celebrates Mother’s Day Weekend, giving moms the chance to be surrounded by the beauty of nature while enjoying art, music and more. There will be live music by harpist Hope Cowan and complimentary cookies, lemonade, and water. $12.50; free for moms. 1pm to 5pm.
- Ponies & Petals Cup: Mother’s Day at Houston Polo Club | Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 8 – Pony up for a special Mother’s Day match, complete with Best Ladies Hat Contest, plus door prizes, expert announcing, a Champagne divot stomp at halftime, and live flamenco guitar music. Individual courtyard tickets are $32.50; $15.50 for ages 12 and under. Boxes for 2 to 20 guests range from $89 to $895. 5 pm.