From pancake cereal to dalgona coffee, many of us love making all sorts of delights in our kitchens.
We’ve stumbled across some inventive recipes including flatbread cooked in a frying pan and jam donuts made with sliced bread.
This latest creation from Instagram baker @cakeontherun is just as quirky, quick and surprisingly easy to make.
In fact it is so straightforward anyone can make it, including the kids.
All you need is half a pack of bourbon biscuits and one egg to make the delicious mugcake.
Made in the microwave in a mug, it takes one minute to cook and is perfect for when your craving chocolate cake but don’t want to make a huge cake for yourself.
Bourbon biscuit mugcake recipe (serves 1):
- Crush the biscuits in a food processor or blender to a fine consistency.
- Pour the crumb mixture into a mug and stir in an egg.
- Mix until thick and smooth.
- Microwave on high for one minute.
- Optional – top with melted chocolate or a quick homemade frosting (1 tsp margarine mixed with 2 tsp cocoa powder).
If you’re obsessed with The Great British Bake Off and all things baking, you’re in luck as we are too!
Our Bake On Bake Off newsletter is jam-packed with gossip and reaction from the famous TV show.
Plus, it’s stuffed with super quick and easy recipes, anyone can try at home.
It’s free and it takes seconds to sign up – just press here and enter your email address.
Changed your mind? There’s an ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of every newsletter we send out.